The Challenge : We’ve all been asked what five objects we’d take with us to a desert island. Now it’s your best friend’s (or close relative’s) turn to be stranded: what five objects would you send him/her off with?
The word that drew our attention is ‘stranded’. Interesting! Send our best friend or close relative to a desert island so he/she has no means to move from it? Is it a boon or a bane? And for how long?
Unless he/she is adventurous why would he/she wish to be stranded for no reason? And if he/she is adventurous, that would be a planned journey for him/her. So, assuming the journey to the desert island as one by choice, the necessary and sufficient things would already be taken care of by him/her. What we need to take care of are those things that may be missed out.
On a funny note, even we are not aware what we would send him/her with. So, let us find out together as we type down to come up with a post worth reading! Here it goes,
1. Set of papers sufficient to write down his/her experiences. So, the next time someone is stranded on a desert island, they would know how to deal with such experiences.
2. A box of pen to write down his/her “Island Diary”.
3. Numerable air tight bottles to keep his/her diaries safe from air and water.
4. A bestseller joke book. It is said that a book is one’s best friend. So what can be a better gift than a book to someone we love. Now we could give him/her any book. But what is the use of giving philosophical books to teach him/her lessons of life? He/she would not get out alive anyway! (We are not making fun of him/her. Remember? It was their choice! ) So we would rather choose a best seller joke book so that he/she can spend the rest of his/her life with laughing colours, not regretting the loneliness.
5. Finally, a traveler’s bag to fit in all the above mentioned things! Quite many, isn’t it? He/she will definitely have no idea about these things with which we would bid him/her adieu. So, a bag is a must.
We wish him/her a safe journey and a safe and happy life ahead in the island. Looking forward to those letters in the bottles, so we can come up with yet another post to share his/her experiences! 😉
(This was indeed interesting and we had fun playing the challenge!)
© 2014 Ahmad and Ahmad